Seasoned shoppers would agree when we say that shopping for clothes can be very therapeutic indeed!
Shopping for clothes online has many advantages as you get to explore a greater variety of styles and prices at the touch of a button.
Having said that, it comes with quite a few challenges such as determining the size, assessing the quality and of course curbing those impulse buys and actually getting something that you are going to use more than once.
Here are 9 tips to consider when you are buying clothes online:
1. The first thing you should consider when shopping for clothes online is what type of clothing you are looking to buy. Create a shopping list for your closet (and keep it handy) to remind yourself of what you’re actually looking for so that you do not get distracted.
2. Set a clothing budget. Decide ahead of time how much money you would like to spend on each item so that you stay within your budget. Shopping online has its benefits but it can also be overwhelming and by losing focus of what you really need, you can easily overspend.
3. Don’t just go by the size mentioned on the label, check the size chart on the designer’s own website before buying an item. Also knowing your measurements so that you can compare them to the chart before buying isn’t a bad idea.
4. In terms of comfort, the material is the topmost criterion to consider. Unless you are shopping for just one occasion, chances are that the clothes you buy, you’ll wear for a long period. So make sure that the material / fabric used is one that you are comfortable with.
5. Now, functionality is another important parameter. If the clothes you buy aren’t practical or usable in the long run, it might be a waste of your time and money. Only pick out those items that you see yourself wearing at least 15-20 times, if not more.
6. It’s not just the material that makes an item of clothing durable but also the production technique. Something that appears flimsy and poorly-made may be a cause for concern. So, try to look for clothing items that will last you a while and choose reliable retailers that you are familiar with.
7. To thrift or not to thrift is the question. You’re likely to find a lot of great clothing options for steal deals at thrift stores. Consider choosing such sustainable choices in your clothes shopping.
8. Reading the reviews is a must! Customer reviews are extremely valuable as they provide a real perspective on the item/s you’re considering to buy. Narrow your search for comments touching on size and quality to get a better idea of the specific rating for the item. Also a lot of customers post photos of what the item of clothing looks like when you wear it. This will give you a better idea about how the item actually sits/looks.
9. Last but not least is the return policy. Always check the return policy to ensure that they offer free returns before buying the item. Even with the above tips in mind, the clothes you buy online may just not work for you. An occasional disappointment is common and even expected so familiarize yourself with the return policy before you order so there are no surprises. If a store doesn’t allow returns, consider looking elsewhere. You can often find similar items at popular brand stores or mega-retailers.